Wednesday, July 7, 2010

SO HOT!

NY is going through a heat wave this week. The other day it reached 102 degrees..& we don't have AC in the living room/dining room. That's where I sew..& I haven't been able to touch my sewing machine.

I thought I would get more sewing done during the summer. I don't know why I thought that....It's been so hot, it's hard to concentrate! And when I sew, I need the iron..& the iron makes everything hotter. Oh well. Don't worry sewing machine, I still love ya.

But despite the heat & lack of sewing...there has been some fun going on though. We had a fun 4th of July when my cousin visited with her son, Gavin. They ended up staying for a couple of days...& it even felt like a vacation for me.
You know...like worrying about nothing, letting the kids play in the backyard, going wild at the sprinklers while we chat about life with margaritas. Sounds relaxing. And it really was!
I thought to myself a couple of times, "I wish everyday was like this!"
I posted all the pics on my facebook. But here are my faves....

We didn't make them clean. They grabbed the broom & bucket themselves. I didn't mind that at all.
Can you tell that Gavin & Belle are inseparable?? They are.
Gavin always looks after Belle..& Belle copies whatever Gavin's doing.
& Belle got so TAN! I can't believe how dark she is. Look at that picture with the bucket over her head. SO TAN! I like her light skin better though.
PS....Speaking of tan. I'm not into that tanning nonsense. I don't get why people get so excited about looking orange? Is it just me??

& so much more to look forward to this summer!!
So many plans...I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment