Sunday, August 2, 2009

San Fran wants to sew

Stef came to town from San Francisco this week.  And how did she want to spend her first day in Long Island??....Sewing!  She's been itching to make a wristlet.  So we purchased patterns & gave it a try.

This was her first time sewing.  She was going slow & being very very careful.

Finished product!  Stef was very proud.  She even joked, "I'm gonna be sleeping with this wristlet!"

Then I realized, she wasn't kidding!

This wristlet pattern was purchased from Ali Foster's etsy shop.

Next day, we planned on having a small picnic, but it was gloomy, drizzly, & windy.  Not a good picnic day.  So for our backup plan we decided to just eat in and sew some more!  

2nd project:  Make up bag for Kathleen.
We only had wristlet patterns but luckily, one of the patterns could be pulled off as a make up bag without the handle.  

Stef & I worked on this one.  And the lining is our favorite part!

This pattern was purchased from Sewspoiled etsy shop

Cheers to successful sewing!!  More to come :)

3 comments:

  1. Love my makeup bag!!! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a lot of fun sewing. haha Now I want to get my own sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete