Thursday, October 7, 2010

Girls Everyday Dress

I ordered this Japanese sewing book in the summer & I LOVE IT! I've been skimming through it, admiring all the clothes for little girls. The cover alone is so cute! The cover won me over.

Compared to my other children's sewing book, I noticed that the Japanese books have more of a bit of sophistication (for kids).
It's not the typical colorful children's sewing book, with over designed clothes.
It's more like an Urban Outfitters...but for kids!
Simple & clean silhouettes...my favorite.

I cut out a dress I wanted to try to make for Belle about a month ago, & haven't sewed, until yesterday when Belle went to bed early.


I'm so pleased with the result!
It looks better on Belle than it does on the hanger.
I should've taken her picture with it on, but she's wearing so much layers of clothes today.
I was feeling too lazy to get her dressed, pose, undress, etc!
The fabric gives it more of a vintage feel.
The original pattern has pockets, but I really think pockets for Belle is useless for now.
And the flower yo-yos makes it more Belle right?
But if this didn't have the yo-yos & it was in my size, I would wear it!
The instructions are in Japanese, but the illustrations are clear, that I get it!
I'm eager to try more, especially since I have fabric not being used in my stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment