Friday, November 12, 2010

being bold

If you didn't know me, & judged me based on this blog & the stuff I make, I bet you're gonna guess that my wardrobe is so colorful. But that is so wrong. So opposite!
Binh, Stef, & I have been talking about how our wardrobe looks so boring.
Cause it only consists of the colors, gray, white & black. Seriously!
So we're trying to shop for "bold" colorful clothes now.
And I didn't realize how hard it would be till I went shopping.

So when I ordered a japanese pattern book for clothes in my size
(cause I was jealous of Belle's pattern book)
I decided the first thing I sew be "bold"
I bought this pretty indonesian batik fabric.
I stood there at the fabric store contemplating for awhile whether to get it or not.
Cause it's not what I would normally buy for myself.
But that's the point right? Picking out things I normally wouldn't.
I bought it. And after finishing this tunic dress, then I really liiiiiked it!

The pattern was fairly simple.
Especially since the book is all in Japanese. Thank goodness for pictures!
I like simple silhouettes like this A-line tunic dress.
It's loose so I didn't need any buttons & zippers (YES!)
And this is a good silhouette to pair with a crazy print.

The only thing I changed were the sleeves. It's suppose to open up higher & tied with a bow.
But I don't like bows on me.
So i just sewed over that part & left a little opening instead.

While I was trying to take pics...Belle was of course, trying to be a part of it. Here are a few pics with her.
What a goofball. She's wearing Aris' sunglasses there.

Stef & Binh......you should be proud! haha :)
btw, the book is called, "Adult couture stylish dress"

3 comments:

  1. Kae you look GORGEOUS! That tunic is AWESOME! Belle is SO CUTE too!

    --Dang

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!!! Yay for being bold!! I have yet to find my bold item =[

    ReplyDelete
  3. kae, u make dresses too? I just made one last night I worn it to a party today. But I dont have picture of me standing. I like the tunic dress u made, I have one like that i got it from a thrift shop from japan but I dont really like the print I love yours.. suuuuper loveeet! Youre so talented kae, i'd probably hang at your place justto make dresses hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete