Wednesday, September 16, 2009

US Open

My family & I were lucky to have the opportunity to watch the US Open this year.  We went on the opening night watching Venus Williams & Andy Roddick.  Venus's match was one of those thriller matches.  That was fun to watch live.  Andy Roddick had an easier match, putting his opponent away quickly.  

Belle stayed behind with her Aunties.  You can see from the look on her face how she feels about that. hehe. 
The not so terrible traffic on the way!

The sun setting.  Inside Arthur Ashe stadium.
The boys.  Aris wants to point out that he's eating candy in this picture. haha!
Picture of Sharapova on the big screen.
Venus being interviewed right before she came out
And here's Andy Roddick (in black).  Sorry but I already forgot his opponent's name!
 
I noticed that the NY crowd likes to route for the underdog.  That was unexpected.  

My brother & his friend were rowdy & screamed out loud.  They were the type of fans I would not wanna sit next to.  I'm sure the people around us felt the same.

And my mom told me how she met an old Filipino man that travels every year to NY from Philippines just to watch the US Open.  Crazy!  It's only then that I realized how lucky we are to have the tournament here in NY.  Our travel was within an hour.  And not a 22 hour plane ride!

Unfortunately we only went there once during its 2 weeks.  Overall, a trip much worth it.  Next year, we have to go several more times!!  

1 comment:

  1. I like the 5th photo in this post (of the stadium)... so cool!

    ReplyDelete