Sunday, October 18, 2009

Belle is 1!


Belle turned 1 so we threw a party to celebrate! I loved that her actual birthday fell on a Saturday. Perfect! We celebrated at the house with our family & close friends. Great food, smiles, laughs, & good memories.

In the morning, while preparing for her party, Belle got a hold of the balloons.

Big thank you to Binh's mom who purchased this dress for Belle to wear on her day! She's fully aware for my love & obsession with polka dots. I also fabric painted the 1 on her dress.

For decor, I printed out letters to spell out Happy Bday Belle & made a picture banner. I used my favorite pics of her throughout the year. Many guests called it a timeline. I made these pom poms & it turned out cool! I got it here from Martha Stewart. Easy and pretty! And I got the banner ideas also from Martha ;)
Of course Belle's friend, Rachel came. As always, she was a doll.
And Iya came! I call her Julia Roberts cause of her pretty wild curly hair. When I was taking pics, she pulled a chair so she can sit & pose. Cutie.

Food! Yummm!

Belle has plenty of guests. Cause she's loved. And we love them!
Belle's cousin, Laila incubating.

Her cake was from TLC's Carlos Bakery. Red velvet. Yummm!

After most of the guests left, it was time for a mess....Gift opening. Belle was seriously attacking.
Before bedtime, she had to try out this toy from Auntie Lenee first.

Thanks to all the gifts..the toys that will forever keep Belle occupied. Also, her big pile of winter clothes. She was lacking winter clothes, but not anymore!

Thank you to all who came! It was nice to be around good company on her 1st bday. Even those who just stopped by for a quick hi..& to those who stayed late! ...It was a bonus since the Yankees won that night (And isn't it a coincidence that the one who got pied was number 17?!...Love it!)

1 comment:

  1. You did such a great job with the decorations and photographs! Looks like you all had a blast... I'm sorry I missed it :( Still owe the little one a present.

    ps THANKS SO MUCH for the link to the pom poms... I can't wait to try them!

    pss The Yankees BETTER win tomorrow! I'm so nervous!!!

    ReplyDelete