Thursday, October 22, 2009

Finished

We finally finished our projects just in time for Belle's 1st birthday. It took awhile, but we finished.
I accidentally deleted the "before" pictures of the house...so these pictures will have to do. I know you enjoyed this picture of my dad jumping with Belle too! Lucky you, you get to see it again!

Finally...
My grandma really deserves the credit for sewing a slipcover for the couches. I helped, but she really did it all.
I originally wanted black slipcovers, but we couldn't find black at the fabric store. Weird. Then I found this brown. It was one of those moments where you keep looking around, but you just end up going back to this particular item. Brown grew on me. Maybe because it reminds me of chocolate. Now that it's on the couches, it especially looks like a big chocolate bar. Love that!

For curtains, I originally was shooting for color and funk...but these neutral circles were talking to me. I also wanted curtains that we could close all the way, but still have sunlight peeking through. So when I saw these white see through curtains with the white squares...it was a no brainer. Love at first sight.
And who knew that polka dots could look chic? I didn't plan on using these fabrics for throw pillows, but I didn't have time to run to the fabric store.
My grandma mentioned how the neutral circles looked great with the couch & there you go..done! I looked through my piles of fabric, saw the gray & white polka dots, and there you have it. I was sewing the pillows the morning of Belle's birthday. I felt like I was on TLC's old show, Trading Spaces trying to finish everything on time. So happy things are crossed off my list.
(during Belle's party)
I got this question many times...."Why white??"
And I'm always tempted to say...."Why not?!"

In a small house with 7 people & a whole lot of mess, I feel white makes it peaceful. It's looks clean & fresh, & that's what we need around here. A bold color, with everyone's bold & loud personalities, I think we'll all go crazy around here.

It's also way easier buying things for the house when it's white. Hot pink pillows, yellow polka dot chair, rainbow curtains. I want all of these...& it will fit in especially with the yellow walls gone. Years ago, I used to think white was so lame & boring. But now, we can do more with white.


"Hi Belle! How do you like the white walls?"

1 comment: