Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Happy Birthday

to Binh Duong!!
One of my best friends, Belle's godmother & "yaya", my cook, everybody's venter, supporter, reliever, blog reader, Kariselle critic, etc etc etc!
Binh does it all!!


My cousin, IJ & her son, Gavin came over & spent the weekend in Long Island to celebrate & hang out for Binh's birthday. Belle was excited when she saw Gavin...
"Gav, Where have you been??"
We had great great food prepared! Spring rolls, lasagna...
Binh had 2 cakes!
This one was my fave....chocolate with caramel & pecans. MMM
FYI, Binh cooked & baked everything. Why?
Cause my cousin & I are terrible cooks! We're not made for the kitchen, it's in our blood...Seriously!
Meanwhile, Binh is GREAT in the kitchen.

Gav & Belle playing & hugging..
Belle is soooo fond of Gavin. She won't stop following him, won't give him any space, she always plays with whatever he's playing with. Poor Gavin though, he couldn't understand that Belle is still a baby & can't leave him alone when he wants to be! haha!
But they're so cute when the play & hug each other!

Gavin took this shot of his mama...The Diva of the family! hehehe.

Then the two were coloring in silence..
Binh helping out Gavin coloring a house.
And Belle telling me to let her color in peace.

Aris & I prepared this for Binh's birthday...
Cheers!!
This stuff is good. Really good.
So good that I forgot I was drinking straight vodka which resulted in...well..yeah..you know.....bumping into walls, laughing at nothing, talking nonsense, etc etc..
If you do try this, seriously, don't forget...It's still vodka!! Don't be like me!

Next day, Binh went to a party to celebrate Chinese New Year.
Then came over right after just to have a drink. She loves it!
Yes, Belle is holding an eggplant.
My mom did groceries & Belle took it from one of the bags.
She was "pouring eggplant in the glass." Silly girl!

Yesterday...the 22nd was Binh's actual birthday.
When she came home from school, we surprised her with cake & candles right when she walked in.

Funny story...
I told my sister to light up the candles cause Binh was coming any time soon.
She lit up all of them...& lots of minutes passed by & they were starting to melt...A lot!!
Then we blew them & decided to wait a bit.
RIGHT AFTER we blew them, I saw Binh walking up the driveway...
"OMG OMG she's here!!"
My sister & I relit all of them as fast as we could.
While Binh kept knocking, knocking, & waiting for us to open the door.

And finally...
we sang Happy Birthday!!
Binh laughed when she walked in. So funny.

More blessings to you Binh! Thanks so much for all you do for my family & I!!

No comments:

Post a Comment