Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Animal farm

We've been wanting to bring Belle to an animal farm or a petting zoo since she's fond of animals. We finally went. I've been to a zoo...but I've never had a chance to get this close to these animals without a glass wall between us, & even feed them!
It was pretty funny when I first offered food to an alpaca, it quickly chomped, caught me by surprise, then dropped the food all over the floor.
This guy was the first to greet us when we came in...

Of course Belle wasn't shy!
You could touch them/pet them...she loved that. But we had to pull her back a couple of times.
She's a braver soul than me.

We stayed with the alpacas for awhile, until one sneezed...or spit?! on Aris & Belle. Aris kind of freaked out...but Belle didn't mind.
smile with the goats!

I was surprised to see a zebra there.
Poor guy was sad. He shouldn't be there. He should be out & free!

Quick hi to the camels before they spit.


We didn't stay long. We circled only once, then Belle played on the playground. It was getting a little chilly so we left. We just grabbed a quick sunny opportunity & so glad we did. I'm looking forward to adding the zoo to our list soon.


Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment