Thursday, June 10, 2010

Promenade

On Sunday Aris, Belle, my sister, & I went to Brooklyn to go to the Renegade Craft Fair. I roamed around..& around. So much vendors!...more than the one I attended. I didn't even bother taking pictures cause it was crowded. Last thing I want is anyone thinking I'm taking their pictures!
Afterwards, we had lunch then stopped by my favorite place in Brooklyn...The Promenade.

It's just a walkway located in Brooklyn Heights across the river from downtown Manhattan. In my opinion, one of the most relaxing places. There's lots of dog walking, strollers, joggers, etc.

I found this place thanks to one of my dear friends, Jenny. When I was still in school, I often stayed in Jenny's dorm...which is a few blocks from here. We used to come here & sit at the benches...& talk forever.

Wanna hear a story??
I remember one time, Jenny's roommate at the time asked us if it was ok if she could have the room for the night to spend with her boyfriend. Sure?!
We planned on staying at our friend, Kate's apartment. We went to Kate's..and around 10-11 pm..Kate says, "Ok guys, I'm gonna sleep now. I have work early tomorrow"
Me and Jenny: HUH?! You have work? Why didn't you tell us?!
Kate insisted we stay...& we could even stay in her apartment while she worked.
We felt bad!! So we ended up leaving.
We went back to Jenny's neighborhood. We had nowhere to go...so we just went to the promenade! We stayed in the promenade just talking and talking...until early morning!...until we got hungry. haha!

Miss you Jenny!!

the Brooklyn Bridge
The World Trade Center would be in the middle of this picture if it was still here.

Belle found herself a handsome little guy!....Benjamin.
Oh he was so cute. SO SO CUTE! The puddles was their favorite.
He's 16 months old. When I told his dad Belle is 19 months, his dad said,
"Oh yea! Going for an older woman!"
haha! They really do make a cute couple.


I love this place!

2 comments:

  1. I want a copy of Belle eating the apple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i remember that very well Kae! You guys are so funny.

    ReplyDelete