Sunday, January 3, 2010

Etsy

I've always wanted to start my own little etsy shop. I love to sew & make stuff! And the idea of selling my stuff to others is pretty cool! But I haven't gotten around to it cause of issues with time. But that will change soon cause of last night.

My family was eating dinner altogether until I said something that was misunderstood. Which led to my parents
rambling onabout how I'm very spoiled, too dependent, don't work, don't do much, & I only stay home with Belle, etc. I quietly sat feeding Belle banana bread & rolled with the punches.

I always easily brush off negative comments & don't take it personal. But I've heard these comments plenty before & I can't help but be bothered now. And my parents are probably not the only ones who think this way. So to clarify...

I love to stay home with belle. I'm happy being around her. And I'm sorry if I hate the idea of having a nanny or a babysitter watch her while I go work a 9-5 shift elsewhere. FYI, staying home with her is not such an easy task. Having Belle in my life was a total shock & surprise. Priorities quickly change. Belle & I live with my parents so we can save, then later have our own place with Aris, get married, blah blah. I know I haven't made much of an income for my family...which basically many look down on me on & make me feel "useless."

I could be bitter about this. But no. Because I'm now motivated to start my little Kariselle etsy shop!

I love the idea of this because I get to stay home with Belle, do my hobby, & earn something out of it! I will gladly prove my parents wrong...I don't sit around and do "nothing" all day.

What a great way to start 2010!...finally start a Kariselle etsy shop!!

Sorry if you expected a happy, funny post. I'm just being honest. We all have downers once in awhile.
Thank you if you're still reading!

So help me out...what do YOU want to see in the shop?
Children's clothes? Bags? Make up bags? Camera strap covers?

6 comments:

  1. Children's items are always popular! Maybe bibs or diaper holders - a compact case with two sleeves on each end - one side for the diapers and the other for the wet wipes! It's a quick trip diaper holder that looks like a clutch!

    As for grown ups... makeup bags. I love mine. Passport cover? Throw pillow covers, runners...

    I also have some ideas that I wanted to use for my wedding that I was thinking of contacting you to hire you for your services :) I'll keep you posted on that one.

    Good luck Kae... YOU CAN DO IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!! Do it!! I will support you! Make those clutch bags with the patterns that we bought. Also make those make-up brush holders. That was a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll definitely back you up. It sounds like a great idea. I'll be your first client in line for a makeup bag and a (manly) camera strap. It would make a good gift for Justin. Seriously Kae, it's great when your job is something that you love doing. Not many people can say that about what they do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. all of your stuff is so cute. i think if you have a wide variety of things it'll do better. kause i know i would totally buy stuff. it's so cute! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go for it Kae! You have the talent! Mia and I will be your customers for children's clothes and accessories. Can't wait to see your Etsy shop. Go, Kae, go! Go, Kae, go!

    ReplyDelete